Other Major Stamp Shows
Minnesota Stamp Expo 2014
here to download a printer-friendly version of the 2013 prospectus!
|Crystal Community Center
|Twin City Philatelic Society
||4800 Douglas Dr North
||Lake Minnetonka Stamp Club
||Maplewood Stamp Club
||Minnesota Stamp Dealers Association
|Friday, July 18, 2014: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
|Entry Forms returned by:
June 1, 2014
||Saturday, July 19, 2014: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
||Mail exhibits to arrive:
July 7 - 14, 2014
||Sunday, July 20, 2014: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
July 17, 2014 (4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
- The Minnesota Stamp Expo philatelic exhibition is open to all stamp collectors.
- Exhibits must be entirely the bona fide property of the exhibitor.
- Youth exhibitors must be age 21 or under as of January 1, 2014.
Exhibitors age 18-21 may, at their option, exhibit in the adult classes,
however once an exhibitor exhibits as an adult, he/she may never again
exhibit in the Youth class.
- Exhibitors' names will be used in the show program, in the Palmares, and in press
releases after the show. To remain anonymous, exhibitors must advise the exhibit
committee and furnish a pseudonym.
- Adult exhibits may contain from one frame up to no more than 10 frames. (We use the Jenkins/Ameripex type frames, each holding four rows of four
9 x 12 inch pages).
- If you want to deviate from the standard frame layout (4 rows of 4 letter size pages),
you must get the approval of the Exhibit Chair prior to submission of your application.
(Call Todd Ronnei at 952-996-9455.) The occasional use of double size or
double row pages to display larger items is approved.
- A collector may enter up to two multi-frame and two single frame exhibits,
totaling no more than 22 frames. Second thru fourth exhibits will be subject to a lower priority if the exhibition is
- Each exhibit page must be enclosed in a transparent sheet protector closed on three
sides. The pages must be numbered on the back in sequential order (frame number/page
C. FEES AND ENTRY PROCEDURE
- The Official Entry Form must be used.
Clear copies of the Official Entry Forms are acceptable.
- The title and description on the Official Entry Form will be used in the exhibition
program. Do not exceed 25 words in the description. Please check your Official
Entry Form carefully before mailing it.
- The exhibit entry fee is $10.00 per frame, however the minimum fee for each
exhibit is $20.00. There is no frame charge on the first
three frames from any youth exhibitor. When you submit your
Official Entry form, the entry fee must be paid in full, by check, made payable to MINNESOTA STAMP EXPO.
- Mail your entry form to: Todd Ronnei; 9251 Amsden Way;
Eden Prairie MN 55347-3010. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minnesota Stamp Expo can, in the absolute discretion of the exhibit committee,
reject any proposed entry for any reason. If an entry is rejected, the entry fee
will be refunded in full.
- Entry fees will not be refunded for exhibits withdrawn after June
20 or not delivered to the exhibition.
D. JUDGING AND AWARDS
- A jury of five distinguished philatelists, accredited by the APS, has been appointed by
Minnesota Stamp Expo.
- Each exhibit will be judged on its own merits, following the criteria set forth in the
latest edition of the APS Manual of Philatelic Judging, which is available for purchase
from the APS. Exhibitors should familiarize themselves with the rules in order to
achieve the highest award.
- The following classes and divisions have been established in conformance with current
|GENERAL CLASS (A-G):
||Illustrated Mail Division
||Picture Post Card Division
||Single Frame Class (Limited to 12 exhibits.)
- The following awards will be given to each qualified exhibit, based on the individual
merit of that exhibit: Gold, Vermeil,
Silver, Silver-bronze, Bronze or Certificate. There is no limit on the
number of any one award that can be given in the exhibition. Grand and Reserve Grand awards will be given to the top General
Class exhibits. Awards will also be given to the best Single Frame
Class and Youth Class exhibits.
- Other special and society awards will also be given to deserving exhibits at the
discretion of the judges.
- All special awards will be announced at an awards ceremony on Saturday
- You should submit a single copy of a preliminary Title Page, along with a
single copy of a
synopsis of your exhibit, prior to June 1, 2014, if you want them included in the Judge's
Handbook. Your preliminary Title Page may be changed on the final exhibit, and
neither the preliminary Title Page nor the synopsis will be considered by the judges in
making their decisions.
- Mailed in exhibits must be sent to: Randy Smith; PO Box 2085;
Minneapolis, MN 55402-0085. E-mail: email@example.com
Phone: 952-431-3273 Exhibits must be shipped prepaid with return postage or
payment. Exhibits will be returned, shipped as instructed by the exhibitor, no later
than three days following the close of the exhibition. If no shipping instructions are
specified by the exhibitor, the exhibit will be returned by Express Mail with a
charge equal to the actual cost. We highly recommend the use of Express
Mail for mailing your exhibit. Please package your exhibit for shipping so that the
packaging materials can be reused for return.
- Personally delivered exhibits will be accepted by the Exhibit Chair between the hours of
4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
- No exhibit(s) may be removed from the frames prior to the closing of the
exhibition. Exhibitors may begin removing exhibits at approximately 4:15
p.m. with the consent and supervision of the Exhibit Committee staff. Exhibitors
who are traveling will have a preference in removal of exhibits. An exhibit may be
removed from the exhibit floor only when signed for by the exhibitor or his duly
authorized agent. The removal of exhibits will be carefully supervised by approved
staff and will not be rushed, so that safety and security are ensured.
- Exhibitors must provide their own insurance. All reasonable care will be taken to
ensure the safety of the exhibits, including 24 hour professional security guards
electronic monitoring; nonetheless, exhibits are entered at the risk of the exhibitor.
Neither Minnesota Stamp Expo, the sponsoring organizations, the volunteers working
on the show, nor the Crystal Community Center or any of its employees, officers,
volunteers or representatives shall be liable for any damages or losses to or from any
- The Minnesota Stamp Expo Exhibit Committee shall have complete discretion in all
matters that may arise concerning the exhibition and not provided for in this prospectus.
Last Updated 10/20/13