Other Major Stamp Shows
Minnesota Stamp Expo 2017
NOTE: The deadline for
submitting exhibit applications has been extended to June 17, 2017.
here to download a printer-friendly version of the 2017 prospectus!
|Crystal Community Center
|Twin City Philatelic Society
||4800 Douglas Dr North
||Lake Minnetonka Stamp Club
||Maplewood Stamp Club
||Minnesota Stamp Dealers Association
|Friday, July 21: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
|Entry Forms returned by:
June 1, 2017
||Saturday, July 22: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
||Mail exhibits to arrive:
July 13 - 19, 2017
||Sunday, July 23: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
July 20, 2017 (4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
- The Minnesota Stamp Expo philatelic exhibition is open to all stamp collectors.
- Exhibits must be entirely the bona fide property of the exhibitor.
- Youth exhibitors must be age 21 or under as of January 1, 2017.
Exhibitors age 18-21 may, at their option, exhibit in the adult classes,
however once an exhibitor exhibits as an adult, he/she may never again
exhibit in the Youth class.
- Exhibitors' names will be used in the show program, in the Palmares, and in press
releases after the show. To remain anonymous, exhibitors must advise the exhibit
committee and furnish a pseudonym.
- Adult exhibits may contain from one frame up to no more than 10 frames. (We use the Jenkins/Ameripex type frames, each holding four rows of four
9 x 12 inch pages).
- The standard frame layout is 4 rows of 4 letter size pages. Use of
double size or double row pages to display larger items is approved.
- An exhibitor may enter up to two multi-frame and two single frame exhibits,
totaling no more than 22 frames. Second thru fourth exhibits will be subject to a lower priority if the exhibition is
- Each exhibit page must be enclosed in a transparent sheet protector closed on three
sides. The pages must be numbered on the back in sequential order (frame number/page
C. FEES AND ENTRY PROCEDURE
- The Official Entry Form must be used.
Clear copies of the Official Entry Forms are acceptable.
- The title and description on the Official Entry Form will be used in the exhibition
program. Do not exceed 25 words in the description. Please check your
Entry Form carefully before mailing it.
- The exhibit entry fee is $10.00 per frame, however the minimum fee for each
exhibit is $20.00. There is no frame charge on the first
three frames from any youth exhibitor. The entry fee must be paid
in full when you submit your
Official Entry form, by check made payable to MINNESOTA STAMP EXPO.
- A Title Page and Synopsis is now required for each exhibit. Entries
without a Title Page and Synopsis will not be accepted.
- Mail your entry form to: Todd Ronnei; 9251 Amsden Way;
Eden Prairie MN 55347-3010. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minnesota Stamp Expo can, in the absolute discretion of the exhibit committee,
reject any proposed entry for any reason. If an entry is rejected, the entry fee
will be refunded in full.
- Entry fees will not be refunded for exhibits withdrawn after June
20 or not delivered to the exhibition.
D. JUDGING AND AWARDS
- A jury of five distinguished philatelists, accredited as judges by the APS, has been appointed by
Minnesota Stamp Expo.
- Each exhibit will be judged on its own merits, following the criteria set forth in the
latest edition of the APS Manual of Philatelic Judging and Exhibiting, which is available for
download from the APS
website. Exhibitors should familiarize themselves with the rules in order to
achieve the highest award.
2017, exhibits are no longer entered in a specific division. Exhibits
will be classified as:
The following awards will be given to each qualified exhibit, based on the individual
merit of that exhibit: Large Gold, Gold, Large Vermeil, Vermeil, Large
Silver, Silver, Silver-bronze, Bronze or Certificate. There is no limit on the
number of any one award that can be given in the exhibition. Grand and Reserve Grand awards will be given to the top General
Class exhibits. Awards will also be given to the best One Frame
Class and Youth Class exhibits.
- Other special and society awards will also be given to deserving exhibits at the
discretion of the judges.
- All special awards will be announced at an awards ceremony on Saturday
- The Title Page you submit may be preliminary and may be changed on the
final exhibit, and neither the preliminary Title Page nor the synopsis will be considered by the judges in
making their decisions.
- Exhibits sent by U.S. Mail should be sent to: Randy Smith; PO Box
30; Rosemount, MN 55068. E-mail: email@example.com
Phone: 952-431-3273 Contac the Exhibit Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
for delivery instructions via FedEx or other shipper. Exhibits must be shipped prepaid with return postage or
payment. Exhibits will be returned, shipped as instructed by the exhibitor,
usually on Monday following the close of the show, but no later
than three days following the close of the show. If no shipping instructions are
specified by the exhibitor, the exhibit will be returned by Priority Mail Express with a
charge equal to the actual cost. We highly recommend the use of
Priority Mail Express for mailing your exhibit. Please package your exhibit for shipping so that the
packaging materials can be reused for return.
- Personally delivered exhibits will be accepted by the Exhibit Chair between the hours of
4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 20.
- No exhibit(s) may be removed from the frames prior to the closing of the
exhibition, except at the discretion of the Exhibit Chair. Exhibitors may begin removing exhibits at approximately 4:15
p.m. with the consent and supervision of the Exhibit Committee staff. Exhibitors
who are traveling will have a preference in removal of exhibits. An exhibit may be
removed from the exhibit floor only when signed for by the exhibitor or his duly
authorized agent. The removal of exhibits will be carefully supervised by approved
staff and will not be rushed, so that safety and security are ensured.
- Exhibitors must provide their own insurance. All reasonable care will be taken to
ensure the safety of the exhibits, including 24 hour professional security guards
electronic monitoring; nonetheless, exhibits are entered at the risk of the exhibitor.
Neither Minnesota Stamp Expo, the sponsoring organizations, the volunteers working
on the show, nor the Crystal Community Center or any of its employees, officers,
volunteers or representatives shall be liable for any damages or losses to or from any
- The Minnesota Stamp Expo Exhibit Committee shall have complete discretion in all
matters that may arise concerning the exhibition and not provided for in this prospectus.
Last Updated 06/01/17